Are you moving to another state or city or moving to another place within the city then you may need to change your address for USPS so, that in near future your packages won’t be lost or mistakenly delivered to your previous address.
The procedure of USPS change of address is really easy and you can do it online for just a few bucks so, that all of your important mails and packages are delivered right at your doorstep.
How to change the USPS address?
To change your USPS address, you need to have a valid credit/debit card to pay for the fee and a valid email address.
- Visit the USPS Change of Address Webpage.
- Enter all the required information including your name, phone number, email address, old address and new address.
- You will now have to confirm your identity that it is you who is requesting an address change and not someone else.
- Now, pay the fee for USPS change of address which is about $1.05.
- Your USPS change of address request will now be submitted.
Sometimes, the company protects customers from unauthorized address changes. So, after you submit your request, wait until you receive a validation email from the company.
Temporary USPS change of address
If you are looking to temporarily move to a new place then you can also change your USPS address temporary. The procedure is the same, but you will have to select temporary when filling the form.