USPS Retail Ground Service is ground shipping service for packages, thick envelopes, and tubes which are not mailed with the First-Class Mail Service. The maximum weight for USPS Retail Ground Service is 70 pounds.
USPS Tracking is included with the service for free, however, surcharges may apply to certain items, including:
- Packages that are 108 inches in combined length and width.
- Packages that are 84 inches in combined length and width and weigh less than 20 pounds
- Packages that are in different shapes i.e tubes or rolls.
The shipping cost is based on the weight, size and the zone to which the item is sent.
Features of USPS Retail Ground Service
- It is the best and most popular option for sending small and large packages and general merchandise to any U.S. address, including PO boxes and military addresses.
- Includes USPS Tracking without any additional fee.
- Includes Saturday and residential delivery without any additional fee.
- Delivers packages weighing up to 70 lbs. and measuring up to 130 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.